BackgroundSavoy Hotel Apartments are situated in 4 locations across Dubai, namely Savoy Suites, Savoy Crest, Savoy Park and Savoy Central.
Savoy approached Nexa in June 2018 for marketing services. Savoy’s marketing efforts were previously limited to affiliate marketing, offline advertising, and email marketing to existing databases. Additionally, 2019 saw the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the tourism/hospitality industry, which caused additional challenges for Savoy, including widespread cancellations due to travel restrictions.
Savoy had a small marketing budget at the time. While Dubai-based properties were susceptible to challenging market conditions, competition for affordable accommodation in the city had increased and rates had decreased, Savoy wanted to work with an experienced growth marketing agency like Nexa to help them unlock revenue opportunities using innovative digital marketing strategies.
- Generate conversions (hotel bookings) through organic traffic from GCC nations, Europe, India and Nigeria, and rank for high value targeted keywords.
- Difficulty targeting high competition keywords.
- Competing with Online Travel Agency websites.
- Website built on an old WordPress version making performance changes difficult.
- High competition for local targeting / listings.
- Bounce rate was very high due to lack of content.
- Refreshing keyword list and applying it through on-page.
- Creating blog posts that target non-performing keywords.
- Targeting major Dubai attractions in blog posts.
- Improving local targeting with Google Listing.
- Creating and updating content on website pages.
- Fixing crawl and indexing issues.
- Backlinking activities to increase website visibility.
of total organic traffic is from new visitors
of organic traffic generates the most revenue
hotel room bookings have come from organic traffic
search impressions in the last 16 months
Over AED 2.1 Million
generated in revenue through organic transactions to date (Aug 2018 - 30 Jun 2021)
keywords ranking on the first page of Google
high competition keywords ranked in only three months